Monte Carlo is a subdivision of the city-state Monaco and it’s most famous as a luxury tourism destination, and especially for its casinos.
Why? Because here you can find probably the most famous casino in the world - the Monte Carlo Casino, officially called Casino de Monte-Carlo, part of the top ten world's most luxurious casinos!
This casino has a great history behind and offers different types of games, such as roulette, south poker, blackjack, Trente e Quarante, snap, baccarat and others.
10 things about this Casino that will definitively convince you to travel to Monte Carlo!
1. The casino is one of the oldest casinos in the world, being opened in 1863 and built in the architectural style of the "Belle Epoque" with the help of architect Charles Garnier.
2. Starting in 1910, the Casino building was expanded with the “Salle Garnier”, a theatre hall that is hosting opera and ballet performances.
3. Up until recently, the Monte Carlo Casino hosted the European Poker Tour Finals. As a matter of fact, for years it was the major revenue base for the Principality of Monaco.
4. A visit to Monte Carlo Grand Casino costs 10 euro and the tour takes about 30 minutes. A mandatory dress code is imposed, a jacket and tie for men and a cocktail dress for ladies, slippers and sports shoes being strictly forbidden.
5. Playrooms are decorated with stained glass and sculptures, marble columns, mahogany gold-plated fabrics and Bohemian crystal chandeliers, a more distinctive setting than most casinos.
6. Citizens of Monte Carlo are not allowed to enter the casino gaming area to play.
7. The casino has a hall called the Pink Salon Bar, the ceiling of which shows naked women smoking.
8. The casino has had many appearances in the James Bond movies. If you can’t go to Monte Carlo to see the casino, just watch the movies!
9. The minimum age allowed even for the tour is 18 years.
10. Among the most famous players of the Monte Carlo Casino was the Prince of Wales (Britain's future King Edward VII) and Grand Duke Nicolai of Russia.
Casino de Monte Carlo among other casinos in Monte Carlo is located on the steep coastline, offering a stunning view of the Mediterranean Sea.
If you are a big fan of casinos and gambling, you should check this place out!